Information for grant applicants
The instructions for applicants will provide you with information about the criteria for awarding grants, how to make an application and how applications are processed among other things. Please read the guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
The Jane and Aatos Erkko Foundation awards grants for internationally significant scientific research with breakthrough potential and for art and culture that has the potential to meet demanding international criteria. The Foundation selectively awards grants also among other things for projects relating to higher education, sports and third sector activities.
Who can apply?
- Finns or individuals, associations and other organizations living or operating in Finland
- Persons or entities living or operating outside of Finland if the object of the application has a clear and strong connection to Finland.
- From a doctoral researcher at a stage of independence to an experienced researcher
- Consortia of more than one working group and/or organization
What can applications be made for?
- Particularly for long-term projects and broad themes as a rule for working groups and organizations
- Bold and innovative work
- Work of internationally high-calibre and significance in the field
- High-risk Proof of Concept projects
- Higher education
- Projects relating to third sector activities
- New grant for the same project
What are grants not awarded for?
- Profit-seeking activities
- On social grounds (purposes falling within the scope of private life)
- Individual doctoral dissertations, nor for postdoc stage research: a working group may include researchers in the dissertation and postdoc stage
- To fund studies and for internships
- As a travel grant
- For individual small equipment purchases, tools and musical instruments
- To finance any activity on a permanent basis
- For activities covered by public service provision
- If the applicant or project has no fixed connection to Finland
The Foundation only awards grants, and doesn’t make sponsoring
or cooperation agreements, for example.
Guidelines for applications and online service
Once you have carefully read the guidelines for applications, you can use your online banking credentials to log in to the online service, complete your application and submit it to us.